releasing this info to help me heal adult content

when I was younger on more than one occasion I seen my mother masturbate. And say one time I walked up stairs and she had the door open and I would say eww you need to get some clothes on she would reply :girl be quite". She ould never have me touch her or anything like that but still just the sight or knowledge that your mother is tounching herself and the sounds "it" made still kinda haunt me from time to time. I have never told anyone cause I am too afraid of someone reactions. But I thnk it has affected me on my thinking of masturbation and shame/guilt.
I use to not be squeemish about sex but now I'm getting grossed out thoughts about it again. I' wondering if it has anything to do with that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• Thinking you meant to write a journal..but anywho... sure hope you feel better now you got it out there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i would say that would have a bit to do with you being uncomfortable with masturbation.
    loleah

Answer by loleah at 1:51 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Could be. My father was abusive sexually and one of his things was making me look at porn. To this day I have absolutely no interest in it. My husband sometimes wants me to look at it with him and I for his sake tried but it holds no interest for me and generally I find it kind of oogy.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 4:57 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Do you think you might want to talk to a counselor about this? Or read a few books on human sexuality to make you feel more comfortable? It is unfortuante it has affected you this way. I am sorry you are uncomfortable. I wish your mom had been more discreet and handled it differently, but it is not bad that she does this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• yes it is bad she was not discreet. I would talk to a counsler about it but I am too afraid. Like I think they will look at me funny. Fast forward I was a escort for a while and when I thought I could tell someone I got the most negative reaction so now I don't tell people much. I know it was just tht one person but something with sex and people can make them weird.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• ’·.¸ஐo my goodness...glad you got it out there,,,hope you feel a little better...sry you had to even go threw that...deff talk with a councler and see if that helps!!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Get the book "You Can Heal Your Life" by Loiuse Hay
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 10:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Do you have children the same age as you were when you were exposed to this? Sometimes when abuse victims' children reach the same age range the victim subconsiously raises the memory and it can become a problem. Please speak with a professional, so you can move on.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 10:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2010