Crazy Neighbor - Not MY dog!!

So I have a lab/greyhound mix that is having issues adjusting to my pregnancy, but she is slowly coming around. Prior to my pregnancy, she was a WONDERFUL dog. Well because I'm home all day on bed rest, when she gets to much for me to handle, I put her outside. We have a fenced in yard so it's no big deal. We have neighbors all around us, most of which have dogs as well. The neighbor behind the neighbor to the left of me has 3 dogs, that bark constantly. This causes my dog to sometimes bark as well, although she is not a big barker in general. Well today, my neighbor to the right of me actually called the cops claiming that MY dog had been barking non stop. When the cops came out, I explained to them that she had been inside most of the day with me, & that the neighbor heard the other dogs barking, not my dog. They said there would be an investigation, & that we could get fined. It wasn't MY dog! What should we do??

Erin_Jus

Asked by Erin_Jus at 1:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pets

• If it isn't your dog barking then you have nothing to worry about. You should just direct the police over to the house with the barking dogs.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 1:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2010