Thanksgiving plans/ideas?

We had discussed having Thanksgiving at my house, since I'm on bed rest & it would be too much to cart me around to the 3 different houses we would be expected to go to. All parties agreed to come to our house for Thanksgiving on 10/13/10. Since then, one of my sisters has changed her mind, & said that we need to do it at my mom's house, because that is tradition. She even pulled the "I don't feel comfortable there" card. So now my mom is backing out, even though everyone else was still on board. Well now my husbands family has decided that since my mom is doing a Thanksgiving at her house, then we shouldn't do it at our house, we should just go to their house. The problem is we can't go to one house & not the other, & the whole idea behind doing it at our house was so that my hubby could cook, & I could rest, & not have to be driven here there & everywhere. I'm on bed rest & it's too much for me. What should we do??

Erin_Jus

Asked by Erin_Jus at 2:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• If I were you, I would still stay at home and rest, let your hubby cook. And if anyone else decides to show up, then they can eat too. We have a dinner at our house every year. My husbands family arent the greatest cooks.. and my family just hates going through the hassle of making & planning the dinner. So, we do it every year. Its a great way to bring both sides of the family together to bond. But if your on bed rest, i wouldnt stress over it, and just stick with the original plan. to do it at your house. Maybe everyone will come around and see it from your guys point of view. GL with everything :)
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 2:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Just politely inform everyone that you and your family will be having Thanksgiving at your house, and if they would like to attend they are welcome to. You are on bed rest, they should understand that. Have your hubby cook a nice meal, and if the family shows up then great, and if not then you and your family have a nice Thanksgiving together.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would stay home and stay in your bed and do what you do every other day. Have your hubby cook and let everyone know that you need to stay home on bed rest and they are welcome to come over but you all will not be able to be at anyone else house but your own.
    We are driving 2 hours to my parents house and chillin and eating then we are driving 2 hours home. My hubby works night shift so if he has to work both nights then we aren't doing a thing i will cook something like open face turkey sandwiches and we will just go up to my parents another day. I am really hoping that he doesn't have to work it's my birthday and I don't want to have to cook a thing on my day. It's the one day a year that i just don't do SHIT.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Would it be possible to invite everyone for dessert at your house? You and your husband can have a quiet dinner together and then host dessert. It is a special year and it won't be this way forever. Although sometimes traditions start this way!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2010