Labor?

I am 35 weeks and 4 days. I am 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced and lost my mucus plug today. Could I go into labor soon? And how soon? My husband is in the military and gone for 2 weeks for training.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You could but it could be another 5 weeks still. There is no set time line. when you loose your mucus plug. And as far as being 1 that last time I was pregnant I was dilated to a 3 for the last 3 weeks or so. So I think you will be fine time wise.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yeah, I was dailated to 4 a month before I had my son and up to 6 a week before I had him with no complications, no BH contractions or anything. You probably COULD go into labor soon but most likely you will have a couple weeks a least still. One of the hardest things about being a military wife (I am one as well) is having to give birth on our own! I hope he makes it back in time though!! My good friend has 2 kids and her husband was gone for both births, we are Navy though, so it is more then common for that to happen :(
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 2:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• idk about your plus i dont remember loosing mine ever though im sure i did.... with my 2nd baby i was 2cm dialated for almost 6 weeks and he was still almost 3 weeks early... so just take it easy and if you start freeking out call the dr.... but you stressing isnt good for anyone!!!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 2:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• you could still hold out till he gets back. It's all different with each woman.
    loleah

Answer by loleah at 3:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I've had women be dilated to 4 cm for months, and I've had other women who weren't dilated at all one day, and were holding their baby the next. How dilated and effaced you are is no indication of anything, and those checks are completely unnecessary.
    At 35 weeks, they would likely stop your labor, anyway. Try not to fret too much, mama! Ik sure DH won't miss it!! Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It might be 7 or 8 more weeks before labor... or not. (??)
    Don't try to judge labor progress by vaginal exam info, though. It can't tell you when/how you will labor.
    You might prefer to avoid checking your cervix if it's affecting you~ it's optional, invasive, unnecessary and generally unhelpful.

Hope it all works out for you~
    Good luck!
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i lost my mucus plug round 6pm n my son was born at midnight, every woman is very much diffrent, u may have a few hours, few days, or even a few weeks no1 really knows, good luck n congrats
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• when i lost my mucous plug at 37 weeks i didnt go into labor...I had to be induced at 39 weeks
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 11:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2010