In your experience; Does prayer help?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 2:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Prayer works.
    Help is perceptive.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:12 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Prayer works.. God answers all prayers.. The problem is, sometimes the answer is no.. I know many people who become frustrated when they pray and nothing happens.. They blame God or they say that prayer simply doesn't work.. However, I have noticed that when some people pray, they aren't really askiing for God's help, they are asking Him to bless their plans.. In other words, they are asking God to help them THEIR way, and give them exactly what THEY want.. So when it doesn't happen they get frustrated..
    Also, many times when people pray, they only pray when they want something.. They very rarely pray to praise God, or to thank Him for all the ways He has blessed their lives up till now.. They pray when they want something, then ignore Him when they don't.. Pray all the time.. Certianly ask for help when you need it, but pray when you don't too.. God does listen.. Always..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 8:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Prayer helps me clarify my thoughts, gives me strength, and keeps me focused.

So, yeah, it works.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• No
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Most definately! I've had MANY answered prayers & so thankful :)
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 2:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• yes ma'am :)
    mauricellaf

Answer by mauricellaf at 4:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• For me it most definitely does.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Without a doubt! And I think Ren Ren gave an excellent response ! Not much more I can add!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Absolutely! I pray daily but the KEY is knowing that what we pray for may not always look like what We hope for since God sees the fuller picture. This is why it saddens me when people blame God for not listening to them and walking away. He did and answered ... it just didnt look exactly like what you thought it would look like!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• absolutely!! The problem is many people expect answers overnight and that's not the way God works. With God, everything is Seed, Time, and Harvest. Further, you have to be in covenant with Him before He can/will bless you. Also, when you pray for something you should only pray once. God hears the first time and then continue to give thanks to Him for it before you have whatever it is in the natural because it's already been established in the supernatural (that is faith). However, prayers need to be realistic. For example. you can't expect to pray to be the CEO of a large corporation if you have no business ability and you're not in that industry and get the position. Then the answer would be no.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:12 AM on Nov. 19, 2010