When you think you gave a really good answer and you go back to check if people liked it ...

... does it bother you when you're the last one to answer and nobody else (besides the OP) read it?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 2:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I just tell myself that nobody answers because my answer was so good they can't top it. giggle giggle However, yes I hate it when that happens.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 12:18 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I do go back periodically. It drives me nuts when it is something that I am interested in and it gets erased.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Sometimes. Usually when that happens there are a bunch of answers and everyone has at least one vote up/down and I end up being the only one with neither. I don't care about the credits, but I do care a little bit about what people think of my answers sometimes.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I know what you mean. i am very passionate about the advice and answers that i give out, and i do care about what others think of my view or weather it is helpful to anyone.
    loleah

Answer by loleah at 2:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I get especially passionate about my answers when they're about what I do/am studying in school. I'm going to school to be a midwife, and will eventually be a lactation consultant (right now, I'm a lactation specialist), and it irks me when people vote up answers to things that are horrible advice ("My vagina smells funny" "You should douche!"), things like that where they are actually putting someone in danger, or they clearly have no idea what they're talking about. I try to help people and I do my best not to judge (most of the time!). I do look back and see if I got voted up at all. It always seems that my "best answers" are on the random questions, not the ones I really put a lot of thought into answering!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i answer the questions for the person who ask the question..
    as long as i dont get down voted i dont let it bother me...
    But getting down voted would either tick me off & (even though id never contact them, that would be SILLY) id want to give them another opinion.. or it would hurt my feelings..
    or sometimes i just know what im saying may not be well liked but me getting my opinion out there is more important.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• not usually
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• yes and no.

only if I felt it was a really well thought out response and I was pretty certain people would say something positive like "Hey, I hadn't thoguht of that". lol but ya not usually.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• No, because I always felt I was having a conversation with the OP only. When I first joined I was surprised to see others comment on my answers.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• That happens to me all the time. I start in a category and then go back to the last question I answered the day before, so i'm the last person to answer a lot of times.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2010