i need some advice

i know a lot of wifes have this problem...our husbands think bc we are stay at home moms that we just sit on our butts and not do anything all day. my husband comes home to a clean house everyday i make dinner and get him whatever he asks for the only thing i ask him to do is to let out the dog or feed them and he has a fit about it and says i dont do shit. what can i do to make him see that i do a lot around here?

mommy033

Asked by mommy033 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• Stop cleaning, stop washing his clothes and stop cooking his dinner.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Exactly.. He'll see real fast what all you do.
    BaysMom26

Answer by BaysMom26 at 9:02 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• that is what I had to do so that my hubby would see everything that i did for him everyday.... he got the picture pretty quick too. i have also asked him to watch our son while i go and get groceries or something. he pretty much jumps to whatever i ask him to do now=)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:03 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Umm..get an outside job, even if its only part time, or better yet start school. Prepare for the inevitable

Star419

Answer by Star419 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• go to a hotel for a weekend and leave him with the kids and tell him you want the house to look the same way you left it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• men are idiots! hard to live with. hard to live without. Yeah, I have done the above suggestions, but then you end up more behind than ever on YOUR job. Just do it because it makes you feel good. ignore his commnents, and tell him not to speak to you that way. Feed the dog yourself than you know he's been fed. or have kids help.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 9:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• onlycathyo are you serious. She should just shit and eat it to is what you are saying. HELL NO! You should stop doing everything for a few days to show him what you dont do. Honey my husband thought all I did was sit on my butt until I stopped doing everything. I have 5 children 2 with special needs and by crap I have a clean house no dirty laundry and I have more doctor and teacher appointments to keep track off then Carter has lievr pills. Let me see him do my job for one day. Stay strong honey.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Stop cooking, cleaning, and getting whatever he asks for. Just take care of you and the baby for a week or two and then he will see how much you do and how much he needs you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think all stay home moms have pulled this one.GO ON STRIKE>an say no do it your self I dont do any thing around here.HOWEVER be ware at the end of your battle you will still feel like you lost cause it will be a total wreck.BUT the point will be made.THey normally dont say that any more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• DONT DO A DAMN THING FOR HIM!!! DONT COOK, CLEAN, OR WASH HIS DIRTY LAUNDRY FOR A WEEK!!! GO OUT, GET YOUR HAIR DONE. HAVE SOME ME TIME!!! FROM THE SOUNDS OF IT, YOU NEED IT.
    aquarol

Answer by aquarol at 11:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2008