What advice would you give this family?

FIL will be released from hospital in the morning. The doctor told him he wasn't releasing him unless he went to a house so he can do more rehab. Also that he wasn't going to release him to go back to deer camp because he knows he'll drink and smoke and not take care of himself. So FIL lied and said he was going to my BIL's house. FIL won't do what the doctor tells him to do. He never has, which is why he's in and out of the hospital. He has no where to go when he leaves. He's not welcome at either of my BIL's houses or our house because of past issues. SIL lives nearby, but over the state line, so FIL is not allowed per his parole to live there. SIL is supposed to pick him up tomorrow, but doesn't know where to take him. What advice would you give to my DH, SIL and BILs in this situation?

Mrs.B3

Asked by Mrs.B3 at 3:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe he should just stay in the hospital if he's just planning on continuing to hurt his health!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Why doesn't your DH, SIL or BIL say to the doctor that he has no place to go and he isn't gonna listen to you anyways so why don't you put him somewhere where he can't get awayfrom and that he will do what doctor wants him to do. If this FIL of yours just doesn't give two shits if he dies tomorrow then why don't you all speak up and get to the HEART of the PROBLEM. Cause it sounds like DEPRESSION TO ME that this older man is going though and someone has to speak up for him no matter what you all feel about him or what ever he has done to you all he is still there FATHER and ALWAYS WILL BE. How would your hubby feel if he did die tomorrow I am sure there is alot of things that need to said that hasn't been said yet.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If no one wants to deal with it, then no one needs to pick him up from the hospital. When they call to find out why you aren't there to get him then you can simply tell them that he won't listen to the dr and none of you want him in your home.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 5:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Also, the doctor said they can't/won't release him to go back to an unsafe place (beer camp) because they could be sued if he leaves and some thing happens to him afterward. I think he should sign the AMA form and be dropped off where he wants to go. He's not going to change a thing, and no matter what his kids try to do to help, he's going to continue to basically crap on them. He already got mad when SIL told him he couldn't go to BILs or our house and said "screw them." This family has taken enough of his selfish behavior over the years. No one wants to deal with him any more. SIL said she couldn't just leave him on the curb though.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 3:18 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• This man is NOT depressed. He's been a loser and a leech his entire life. Of course every one would be upset if he died, but as I said, he's burned a lot of bridges with his shit. He told his family out of state that I caused him to have a stroke! All because my HUSBAND asked his parole officer if we were held accountable if he violated parole. He also told many more lies about me, DH, BIL and BIL's wife. You have no idea how hateful this man is. He also has an older son who he bailed on when he was a kid who he only calls when he wants money for beer. I'm not speaking up for him if my life depending on it. There is more to the story but it'd take days to explain it all. He's hateful, selfish and an alcoholic. This is nothing new. He has moved from one family member to another his whole life, not paying a damn thing and not caring about his health. How is it we can force a grown man to do right? Um we can't.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• By the way, I am bipolar. I know what depression is. This isn't it.
    Mrs.B3

Comment by Mrs.B3 (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2010