why am i having a hard time writing a letter to a 4th grader!?!!!!

So I was ask by an out of state cousin to write her daughter in school, its some projects they have to get letters from all across the state..
I dont know what to say! I gathered alot of cool facts about texas, but im questioning if this is what the teacher wanted.. geezzz... Im not good at writing & Im kinda a perfectionist.. and this need to be mailed in the morning!!

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 3:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Hope these suggestions are not too late, but you might want to simply say hello and then tell some of your interests that tie into the state. Like going to dances that are very popular in TX (I can't remember the name), or when you go shopping you see a aprticular store that is unique to TX, or go to a restaurant that is only in TX. Also talk about going to the local zoo to see a certain animal that is in TX (that's something a fourth grader would relate to). Good luck. Would love to know how you make out.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I suggest you just write. Tell them about you, your job, your home, etc..
    2boys4momma

Answer by 2boys4momma at 8:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think you have the right idea in giving different facts about your state. :) I would also just say a little ablout yourself. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Sounds like a Flat Stanley project! Yep, they're looking for information about what it's like to live where you live. Think of landmarks, historical events, famous people, foods grown in the area, things that are unique and unusual! Have fun!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2010