I need answers qucik! What do you say to someone who is on facebook talking about having suicidal tendencies?

I barely know her. I babysat for her a lot about 15 years ago. I feel like I need to say something, offer some help somehow. I live over 800 miles away though so I can't physically go to her. What can I say that might help her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• *quick
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You might consider telling her to there if she needs to talk and gently encoarage her to see a doctor.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 4:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I gave her my phone number and encouraged her to seek help. I wish I could do something more.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Send her a carepackage.
    I suffer from depression adn most likely am bipolar. I had a son 2 months ago and have had a very difficult time, as in not leaving the house in over a week difficulty.
    A friend got very concerned over some of my own facebook rants. I don't go suicidal ranting, but I do th row things out when I can't actually talk about them.
    She sent me a package int he mail, she called it a home spa. A gelly mask, sugar scrub, bath salts, bubble bath and a couple of books she thought I might enjoy. It didn't make things better, but it made me smile and ti made that day better. And I can honestly say that I think of her sheer generosity when I pull out that fabulous scented scrub.
    Card could be good to. Do a little research as to what thelocal hotlines in her area are and send her that information. But you made a good start by jus tletting her know you're there.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 4:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• What a great idea! Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• if you know her family give them a call. keep talking to her. sounds like she needs a friend.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 5:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i know it sounds hokey, but someone once told me scuicide is a perminant solution to a temporary problem. at the time i heard it i was going through a lot of stuff and it just really stood out. also just remind her that you are there and that there are people that care about her. also give her the numbers of some local places that could help.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• try to have her give you her number and ...give her a call and just be there and talk with her...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2010