Getting pregnant after Mirena

I've had the IUD Mirena for about 17 months and my husband and I are talking about wanting our second baby...After I get it taken out could I get pregnant again right away? Does it hurt to get taken out? Stories or advice please

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had mirena for 2 1/2 years and never had a period with it. I just got mine tooken our on November 3rd and I started my period on the 6th. I wasn't sure if it was an actual period but I ovulated yesterday according to other factors I was looking at...I guess I'll know in a couple of weeks if I'm pregnant or not. I've heard of women that get pregnant right away and then I've heard of women that get pregnant after a few months. It doesn't hurt too bad when its removed...its just a little uncomfortable, kind of crampy. Nothing like when they put it in though. I'm so glad to have mine out, I hated the thing! Good luck to you and best wishes
    LindsayLL2010

Answer by LindsayLL2010 at 7:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2010