Has anyone lost 50-75 pounds?

How did you do it?
What gotcha motivated?
How long did it take?
Can you do it without a gym? trainer?
How do you maintain it?

THANX

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I've lost 57 lbs... I did it in 9 months without a trainer. I did it all on my own. I bought a bodybugg that tracks my calorie burn, count my calories daily, and I work out 6 days per week. I started out at 34 years old, 5'1", 167 lbs and a size 12. I am now 110 lbs, 35 years old and a size 0 in juniors. I lost over 46" off my body as well.
    I started running and found that I enjoy it quite a bit. I run 3-4 x a week and it is usually between 2-6 miles per run. ( depending on how much time I have) I have also done Insanity. I do pushups, crunches, lunges, squats, pull ups, play the Kinect, and do DVDs.
    We eat tons of fruits and veggies, lean proteins, high fiber, low fat/low sodium, water and coffee only, and whole grains only.
    Motivation- my kids. I looked into the mirror one day and realized that if I didn't make a change, they would grow up without a mother as I have genetic heart issues that were aggravated by my weight.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 6:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• continued...
    Dh and I made the commitment together and went full force into our journey. I have done "diets" in the past and lost weight, but it always came back..this time, I did it the right way and lost more weight than I ever have. It was pretty thrilling to get below 136 lbs which is the lowest I have been in the past 15 years. I was 105 lbs when we got married 15 years ago and then the weight crept up and my heart condition worsened. I am off ALL of my meds and have been for almost a year now. I became a new person when I lost the weight. I am more confident, have more energy( I wear my kids out now! LOL), and boy do I feel better! We are going on a cruise in 7 days and I cannot wait to wear the tiny little bikini I bought as my goal bathing suit since Dh has never seen me in it! He is going to flip his lid as he picked it out all those months ago.
    PM me if you want tips or help..
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 6:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have lost approximately 60 pounds in the last couple of years. I have never been to the gym nor have I hired a fitness trainer. With exercise, I started off by walking and built up to jogging. I also ordered the Turbo Jam series workouts, which I love love love. They really help keep me motivated. Every time I plateaued, I would just kick my own butt by adding extra time to my workouts, and also by adding in strength training to help develop my muscles. I work out about an hour a day, 5 days a week. I also take little opportunities for extra exercise, like walking to my kids bus stop every day instead of driving.
    Regarding diet, I've been a vegetarian since I was a kid, but I got into eating pretty unhealthy nonetheless. I began by cutting out the very obvious offenders--Papa Johns pizza, ice cream, fried foods, etc. Slowly I have continued to refine my diet so that I never feel deprived. I still splurge here and there...
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• ...but for the most part I stick with fresh fruits and veggies, whole grain bread, light protein sources. I found acceptable substitutes to satisfy my occasional sweets cravings. When I want pizza, I will either make a healthy veggie homemade on, or I'll microwave a lean cuisine single serving pizza (about 325 calories) and eat it with a big bowl of veggies.
    So here's my results--I'm now 34 years old and weigh about the same thing I weighed when I graduated high school. I haven't been at this weight and size since then, lol. My body feels so strong and healthy--I literally feel better than I did when I was 20 years old, carrying 25 extra pounds and not exercising. I wish I could communicate better to people the almost miraculous results of a healthy diet and proper exercise. It works absolute wonders on physical, mental and emotional health!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Check out my journal post, lots of useful information. The thing that I found that worked for me was paying attention to what I put in my mouth and made sure that it was worth the calories. I'm not big into following "diet plans" as I always feel deprived. I like to eat what I want but always make sure that I don't overdo it and try not to starve myself either. It is all about calories in - calories out which is kind of what my journal post explains. Hope you find it helpful:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I haven't but good luck!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I lost 45 pounds when my oldest was about 8 months old. Everyone had told me that the pregnancy weight was "9 months on, and 9 months off" but I was not losing any of it. I went on Weight Watchers and it took about 5 months for the 45 pounds (which was the rest of the pregnancy weight plus 20-25 pounds). I lost the weight through diet changes only because I hate to exercise and I couldn't seem to find the time to do it regularly anyway. I kept it off for a couple of years until I was trying to get pregnant again.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:18 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I've got it about 20 more to go before I hit 50
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 5:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• i wish lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:29 PM on Nov. 21, 2010

• I lost 10lbs after i had my daughter then i lost another 40 lbs i didnt have a personal trainer my mom was the one that motivated me to lose weight cus none of my old clothes fit and everytime i would try clothes on nothing would fit and i would start crying so bad before i got pregnant i weigh 120 i wore a size 3 and 5 in pants and after i had my daughter i wore a 13 in pants and shorts and then i went down a size i went to a 11 and slowing as i would work out i went down more sizes now im back at a 5 size 3's are still too tight on me i weigh exacty 128 now im still not where i wanna be yet i wanna at least get down to 120 or 115 .. good luck to you i hope all goes well :)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:10 AM on Nov. 22, 2010