If you struggle with low self-esteem and confidence would you be scared to get involved with a family of celebs? (Not real big, but they're public. new BF's family)

I know it's rediculous, but I'm sick to my stomach now that dinner invitation on sunday comes closer. Been thinking about it all week and right now I want to call in and cancel because I'm "ill".
I'm generally nervous about meeting new people. I keep very much to myself. And even if I go, I don't know if I can eat anything, which would be extremely rude towards the hosts.
And if I told my BF and he talked to his parents, then I'd go there and knew that they knew and I'd feel even more like an idiot.
How do you brake that vicious circle? Any ideas? Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• famous, or semi-famous, well-known ppl are still just ppl...they, maybe more than anyone, know what its like to feel self-concious...just be yourself, obviously if your BF is letting you into their private circle then he really cares about you and wants you to be YOU...if you call in 'ill' this time it will only delay the inevitable...id put money on the fact that you will likely feel much more comfortable within just a few minutes...this could also be your ticket to higher self-esteem....you have to LET PEOPLE LIKE YOU : ) relax, you will be fine!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Have a bunch of things "stored" in your head that you can ask them about if there are awkward moments. It helps a lot to start a conversation with a question. Make the questions genuine interests in things they like to do, hobbies they have, etc. Get some of this info from BF before going. Relax and good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• no, cuz the spot light would be on them, not you
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think you need to find a way to relax. You might make them nervous! They are just people, and they may be really nice people at that. Don't ask them what most people would ask, don't act like a star struck person. Act normal. Besides, they will probably ask you more questions anyway, they are used to being more open and talkative. Maybe you should have a shot of liquor before you go, to relax you a bit! LOL! Or sex with the BF! IDK, but you need to go, you need to relax, and you need to have fun. After the first few minutes you will feel better.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2010