Divorce, how did your husband react and what should i expect to happen next.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• since he's the one who initiated it, he reacted very matter of factly
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My ex was pissed. Royally. He kept calling, insisting it was my mother's fault and that I didn't know what I was doing. Insisting he loved me, yet calling me all sorts of names. It was a mess. But I was tired of being mentally beat down by him in our marriage. I am a lot happier now.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It's definitely one of those case by case things.
    I instigated ours and moved back home (across the country) with our daughter.
    He was upset, I don't think he ever expected me to act independently and leave him.
    BUT our marriage had been falling apart since before it even began. I honestly think that he was actually rather relieved. It made me look like the bad guy, and he was able to move on and do what he wanted without the nagging wife telling him to be responsible and act like a father.
    He's still dragging his feet, it's been almost 3 years, and our divorce is still not finalized.
    MNMamaOf4

Answer by MNMamaOf4 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• wow. I've been wondering about this very question.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:18 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My husband didn't say anything at first. He just looked hurt and disappointed. The next day he came to me and asked if we could give it six more months, and if I still felt that way he would give me a divorce and never ask another thing of me again. I agreed and it was HARD work. We had many arguments while discussing our issues with each other and pointing out each others faults. It was easy to dish the dirt on him, but soooo difficult to hear him tell all of the issues with me. But after a lot of compromise and communication, we're still married. We're not 100% happy, but I don't want to divorce him anymore. Of course, every relationship is different, but I'm glad he asked me to give it another chance...and I'm especially glad I did.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 2:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010