What do you think of the women dragging her

child trough the store on the leash?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 7:23 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Having the child on a leash is one thing and even though I never used one I can see the need or desire for some people. Literally dragging them in the stores is a completely different thing and it is totally wrong. The child could get hurt very badly and to me shows bad parenting skills.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have never used one, but sometimes wish I had something on them. I know it may look bad, but it's better than having your child snatched away while you are looking at something or them running out in front of a car as you walk through the parking lot trying to get your child and groceries or whatever you just shopped for to your vehicle. I am sure those parents are doing it to keep their kids safe and I see nothing wrong with that. Kids are fast and when you are NOT 100% focused on them, bad things can happen quickly.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 7:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Oh, now I don't think they should DRAG them like the lady on you tube did. I just seen this on GMA.....Sorry, I haven't watched the news in a few days. I think it's o.k. for safety reasons only, not to tie them up like a dog or DRAG them. If it's that bad to take your kids out in public, try to find someone to watch them until you get back.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 7:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I think 95/100 times those parents are doing the right thing. I am sure there are a few people who will use and abuse them but I really have debated buying one many times! My son is too big to sit in a stoller anymore and we can't take the regular carts outside of our grocery store, just the ones with no child seat are to be taken out. So there have been times when I have wished I had one just incase. And then there are those times when you are in a huge crowd and it would be so much safer if the kid were just attached to you!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't like them, they remind me of a dog too much, I think it is totally unnecessary.

Answer by older at 8:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2010