do you like sweet potatoes? how do you cook them?

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 7:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Love them, my favorite id sweet potato fries, baked topped with brown sugar and butter, mashed with cinnamon and maple syrup, or an old Southern favorite fried sweet potatoes, you saute in butter, cover with a lid and cook till almost tender them sprinkle with sugar to form a glaze. Yum!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I love sweet potatoes. I Bake or Boil them mash them and top with butter and sometimes cinnamon and sugar.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I love sweet potatoes. I like them baked and dressed with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter, My favorite casserole recipe calls for the potatoes to be mashed, mixed with butter, coconut, eggs and sugar and then topped with a mixture of butter, brown sugar, pecans and Rice Krispies. We will be having that one for Thanksgiving!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I love them. I cut them into thin pieces, add a little olive oil and some spices and cook them in the oven at a high temperature for 20 min or so.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:43 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I love sweet potatoes, too. I call them God's candy.....To have them done quick, I just cut a tiny bit off the ends, use a knife to make a slice down each side, then cut them in half, and put them in a bowl 1/2 or 3/4 filled with water and microwave for about 5 minutes, then turn them over and microwave again for about 4 minutes......depending on the size. I usually do a couple at a time and store in a baggie in the fridge to snack on cold....making the slice down each side makes the peel come off real easy after they're cooked. Call me crazy, but I love them. lol
    abbamoldme

Answer by abbamoldme at 7:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Regarding my above post, I don't use any seasoning.....For my taste, God made them perfect......and I surely do not need the added sugar or butter although of course, it's very tempting....lol
    abbamoldme

Answer by abbamoldme at 7:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Love them. I do mashed with maple syrup and marshmallows, or baked coins with olive oil and sea salt, or sometimes I put one in the microwave, mash it up and add feta cheese.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:12 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I make french fries out of them or I boil them with russet potatoes, garlic, onion, coat them with olive oil, toss with parm cheese, basil, salt, pepper, and paprika and bake them. I've made them whipped and topped with granola and it's more of a dessert, and sometimes I have made them like everyone does for Thanksgiving. I love them because they are so versatile and a change from the regular white potato.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i do not but my family does. i peel, chunk, boil, and mash with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. or i peel, chunk, and throw in my cast iron skillet with some butter and put in the oven, and add some sugar when they are almost done. or peel and chop and add to home made soup.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes I love them! I usually wash them and then oven bake them like a regular potato. For serving I open, and top with butter and marshmallows. One time I made twice baked- cooked 'em, then cut them open, scooped out the insides mixed that with butter, a splash of oj and marshmallow, put it back in the shell and baked it a while longer. That was good. Sometimes I will peel them, cut them up and add them to my crock pot meals (stew, meat and veg dishes).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2010