Does anybody here journal?

I would like to start journaling. Can someone give me any tips on journaling or a good website to visit to learn more about journaling?

simplymommy31

Asked by simplymommy31 at 8:09 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I've been keeping a journal on and off since I was about 16. I use the black composition notebooks. I just write and let it go from there. Even if you start out by writing what your family did that way, it is a start and eventually you will feel more comfortable writing your feelings, hopes, dreams, what makes you made, disappointments, etc.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• The black comp books are best. I only write when im upset
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 12:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i dont keep a journal because i am an extremely private person and i would be damned if someone finds my little book and reads my thoughts. i keep all the thoughts and memories in the skull thats what its for..
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I've also journaled for years, but not online. I just jot a few thoughts before I go to bed. If there is something really personal that I want to write about, I do it in short hand.

I think the best way to get started, is just to get started. A few notes to your best self. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I've been journaling since I was 15. Used to write much more regulary but not as much now. I do write when I get upset but I also like to record how I feel about things, both good and bad, that are happening in my life, my family, and even the world at large. When I go back and re-read some entries from years ago, it's like I'm transported right back to that place and time.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 1:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• I journal. I have a separate little laptop in my room just for journaling. I made a template with butterflies on it and I use that. Sometimes I just write about my day or something that is bothering me or something really cool that happened. Sometimes I'll write memories from my life. Sometimes I'll write poetry or story ideas I have. It is a rather eclectic journal!
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 4:44 AM on Nov. 25, 2010