has anyone heard

okay i am online with my sister and she said she saw on the news that when you go to vote you can not wear any of the candidates campaign gear or they will not let you vote if you have it on they won't even let you in has anyone else heard this and can they really do that

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some states have rules like that. But you will not be turned away, they will either give you a shirt to wear or ask you to turn your shirt inside out. NO ONE LEGALLY CAN BE TURNED AWAY FROM VOTING.
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 11:27 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Yes, I know in some states they're doing that. I don't know if it's a nationwide thing, but it would probably be best to just wear regular clothes and save your t-shirt for the afterparty =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It is a national law. It's called passive campaigning, and it's not allowed in any polling site.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• well gee thanks ladies ya learn something new every day huh?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:40 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I did see signs that delineated where campaigning had to stop. But I didn't see anyone wearing shirts or stickers for their candidate, or see anyone there to enforce such a rule. Makes sense though really. there was a news truck at the end of the parking lot, just waiting???
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 10:06 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• In florida it ok to wear clothing supporting your candidate, but you cannot actively campaign within 100 ft of the poling place.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 11:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2008