WTH, Xmas decorations?

Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet, why in the hell does everyone already have xmas decorations up?!?

it seems like every year they come out earlier, and earlier... why not just leave it all up year round?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 8:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• LOL! They started going up about two weeks ago here, and they will mostly be gone mid-January.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I know, every year it gets worse!!! It pisses me off too, it is like the Thanksgiving holiday gets passed by...................

Answer by older at 8:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Some people do leave them up all year.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I live in WI and my hubs usually puts our outside Xmas lights up in early Nov, and sometimes does not get them taken down till Feb or March-- whenever the weather is 'nice' enough (and snow gone) so he can do it. I do see people who have them up year-round. For inside decorating and tree trimming I do like to wait until after Thanksgiving to do that.
    I do wish the stores would not be so quick to push Christmas, seems school has barely started in the fall when they start dragging the trees and Christmas stuff out. I do wish they could wait till mid-november to start the Christmas frenzy!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Where I am, they started putting them up Oct. 15!! I remember because we got our flu. vaccine that day and we were walking to lunch right after and the resturant was hanging their decorations, lol. But I agree!! It needs to wait till AFTER Thanksgiving!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Actually, they are holiday decorations where I live-not Christmas, at least at the retail stores. I think they try to slide it by with the winter theme, but they come out in October! We also have the summer line that comes out in February around here. What's the rush- maybe it does stimulate people to buy, but not me.

As far as what is on the houses- our homeowners association must agree with you because "Holiday Decor" can only go up a month a head of time and needs to be removed within 2 weeks of the holiday.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I saw people with theirs up before Halloween. Now that's crazy.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i agree. i hate that Thanksgiving gets looked over. its not like you still dont have plenty of time after Thankgiving but before Christmas.
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 5:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i wait until thanksgiving evening or that weekend
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 9:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2010