Have you started potty training yet?

If so, how's it going?

AMarineWife

Asked by AMarineWife at 8:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 32 month old son and a 30 month old step son. We started potty training at 2 years old. They are both potty trained now except for at bedtime. My 32 month old still has some accidents...wetting his pants but never poops his pants. My step son never has accidents but hes always been fast at learning moter skills, faster then my son. So they are doing great...but it can be frustrating at times.
    LindsayLL2010

Answer by LindsayLL2010 at 8:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Good for you! That is well done. Accidents are to be expected. My daughter was old enough to tell me how embarrassing it was for her to have an accident (age 3) but I always told her that none of us learned without having accidents. Plus you have boys and they are so active. I think at night they just sleep deeper and cannot help it. There's nothing wrong with wearing pull-ups for night time.
    Kristabell

Answer by Kristabell at 9:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We started letting him practice on the potty just after he turned 2, and he was excited and doing really well with it for a while but now it seems like he's lost interest. I don't think his bladder is quite ready anyway, so I'm just taking a no pressure approach right now to get him used to the idea. I just ask him around nap time or bedtime if he wants to use the potty, because that seems to be successful times to try. When I think he's ready, I'll probably start asking him if he needs to go more often (and maybe get some tips from other parents at that time).
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• yes i been doing on and off since she was about 16 months. not until last month she started say she needed to poop and then did it after saying it. its a slow process. i am ont too worried because i am going to do it really strong after i finish school in about three weeks. she is totally ready. i just have to put on those panties and just hold on tight. i dream of a life diaper free. lol she is 20months.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2010