Thankful...

What are you thankful for today?
My answer- today I am thankful for my mother in law as she called me this morning and said that since she was driving near my house to get to the grocery store she would save me a trip and take the kids to school. So she picked up my 2 older boys and drove them to their schools for me. It was nice of her to do this (as 1 school is out of the way).
Funny thing is I have to run to the store and get groceries -- so I will probably see her there! And I will thank her again for doing that for me.
I am thankful that she does love my kids, and she is a hands-on grandma who is good to my kids, does things for them and has them over often.

MizLee

Asked by MizLee at 8:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am thankful for another day to spend with my 91 year old mom, and to be able to take care of her as she once did me.

Answer by older at 8:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I am thankful that DH is actually home this morning and is helping to get everyone ready to go. I am also thankful that he will be home to calm my fears as my kitty is going in for some serious dental work. I'm very worried about her.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:51 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Who would actually resent their own family at their later years? As of now, I'm not asked to do those things. Many other in our direct family are going to do this, as our lives don't compensate this way. Being able to take care of a mom isn't just as quick and easy as some here make it. Yes, you must have a residence to do that and one you can get to. ....or live close enough to. Or if you are super (uber) lucky or have it made, one can take care of them in their own home or yours. I'm still thankful. Regardless.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 8:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'm thankful for every moment that I spend with my wonderful husband and beautiful children. I'm thankful that God has blessed me, died for me, and forgives me.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:03 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Niiiiiiiiiiice. It is also nice to know people still count their blessings.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'm thankful for my family/friends, our health, food, shelter... sooo much!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• This is so wonderful to hear that the older generation is appreciated and not resented.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• How lucky you are to have her near, and to be helpful. My son and hes family lived nearby and I was happy to be able to help them, because I know how hard it is to raise a family and have no relatives near. Now they live 4 hours away, so even though I go get my grandaughter for long weekends and school vacations, it's not the same. How luncky she is to have an appreciative daughter-in-law. I do too, but some take it as meddling.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'll answer differently on this one then I did the last one ...

I'm Thankful for our car never truely giving out on us. It's a 1992 Ford Explorer, so as you can imagine it has seen better days. It's previous owner never drove it really, so it sat in the heat and moisture of Mexico/California for years. Then they decided to drive it to Michigan where their relative sold it to us. They jimmy rigged a cop detector, CD player, and extra ciggerette lighter in it without knowing what they were doing, so that caused some initial issues. Once we got that out we've replaced the Transmission, the thermostat, and a number of other things. Right now we're changing the Coolant Resevoir. Thankfully we know a lot of people to guide us through car repair, so we're not shelling out hundreds to have someone else do it. I am just really thankful that through all she's still kept running. It's important to us that we have a reliable car.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:26 AM on Nov. 19, 2010