Why do I remember books and articles much better when I read them for fun, than if I was expected to be tested on them?

Is that because of the stress about exams? Does anyone else feel the same away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in

• Yes, it can be because of the stress of the exam. I think it's more that articles you read for fun are more interesting to you. Even if you're studying a subject you enjoy you're 'forced' to read about everything except what you really are wanting to. Which makes it hard to really dive into it and live in it. When you're reading for fun you're doing it by your own choice and you get the chance to soak in it. That makes it easier to remember it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It's because you are reading for a different reason. When you read for a test, you are reading for specific information and it isn't by choice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Perhaps because your interested in them?
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010