How can one be thankful when you have nothing to compare to?

I'll take those poor people in prison as example. Routines day in and day out, they have nothing to compare with except not having prison life. What would they do if not there. Only have the way out, or a place to go. IF given a choice, I'm sure they would never ''choose'' to stay there or want prison. Has anyone ever taken in a prisoner, or helped one out of that spot? I'd love to see if some of those that never did, could do this, (that have the money, time, resources, ability, not that anyone- can- anytime. Must be planned out in advance.)

[ put this in ent. category, due to those being the norm to get their own way out with their own money]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Entertainment

• I disagree. They have a whole world to compare their lives to and yet they choose to continue the life they chose. They're not "Poor people" by any means, they made the choice to murder, to rape, to steal, to neglect. They made that choice knowing that there was another option. There is someone at almost every prison that tries to help right the wrongs of those in prison. Whether through furthering their education, religion, or another means. If you've ever watched "Lockdown" you'd see the inside of a real prison and the people behind the bars. Those who want out to make a better life and those who CHOOSE not to have a better life. I don't agree that they chose this life without any view into a better life. Everyone knows there are rich people who worked their ass off to be rich, there are influencial people who work hard to influence the world, etc. It's not secret to anyone and yet they chose to commit crimes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• This has nothing to do with being rich. Entertainers have money to get out. That is all this was pointing to. I don't care if they climbed mt. Everest to get it, or pole danced. Money walks, and b.s. talks. Money is what gets them out, a place set up to live in paid for with ......''rent'' money. yes, religion, education, all that is great. But overdosing someone on this is no speculative solution. Burnout from seeing and hearing stuff put out there in those groups, then coming out, and inventing some new way of keeping a job they can't. If they can't then they are doomed. one strike and out you go back to prison. {not everyone is suited to be in a job in the outside, if that is how to say it or not, not know for sure} Only I think that if they are put into a job they need to be the ''type'' for a specified job. Not......ok, this is all their is. Like don't put a person suited for numbers into a physical job, especial
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• especially if they are only seeing it compared to being rich, and that's the answer. THAT is NOT REALITY
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• What is your point OP?

IF money was no problem, IF I had the ability, would I take in a prisoner? NO. I would not. I would not open my home, my KIDS, up to a prisoner. I'd rather take in stray animals. I like animals better anyway.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Why would I want to take in a prisoner even if the resources were available? That's dangerous for a number of reasons. If you want to help prisoners out become a social worker.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'm not sure I'm following you either. Maybe it's just the prisoner analogy. But I can say I've lived my life, and had several different family settings etc, (Not saying I'm a hussy) but I've lived. I had my life with my parents, and siblings, I've had holidays just with them, I've had it with just my roommates, significant others, and I can honestly say I'm happy here where I am with my wonderful husband, and l/o. I don't think that bringing a prisoner in is any form of entertainment, nor do I think it would be safe for my family. I hope you find the answer your looking for.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 3:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010