Is TGIF a bigger deal to others than to you?

If your a SAHM, unemployed, or work IS your social center (no friends outside of work)?

Not wanting to be a downer, I play along, but really I've always looked forward to getting back to the office on Monday so that I can be around other people again and have someone real to talk to. Weekends (for me) were always about finding ways to keep myself busy and entertained while flying solo.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 9:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Being a SAHM I don't make a big deal out of TGIF. But my kids and dh do so I play along. This morning my son wakes up screaming "Yay, it's Friday"! I'm like "Yay"! LOL.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'm a SAHM too, so it's not really a big deal for me, I do look forward to spending Sat. & Sun. with my husband though who works 60 hours Mon-Fri.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes, it used to have a lot more meaning before kids and marriage.. I don't drink anymore either! Right now Friday feels like any other day!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• its just another day
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I enjoy the downtime, the easy schedule, and being able to sit back with all of the housework done and RELAX. I run around all day, every day, and it feels good to chill. Not worry about kids bedtimes (though I don't think they have ever made it past 9, lol!!), homework, alarm clocks, etc.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• friday is just another day..i usually have to work frid, sat, and sun. My dh gets paid but there is never much money left over. He is too tired to do anything fun and the weeks just run by. i don't really have a "TG" day.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'm a SAHM, so TGIF isn't as important to me as my working friends. I look forward to a break from my daily routine, and I get other adults to play with!! When I was in my last marriage I hated weekends, and looked forward to deer hunting season so my ex wouldn't be home.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:15 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• When I was single and working in an office, I loved Friday. I got paid and the work week was over. That said, I didn't really hang out on the weekends so after I got errands done and did the weekly deep clean at home, there was not much left to fill my time. Now I don't look forward to Friday at all. I'm a SAHM and while I like the weekends so I can hopefull have DH at home with me and the kids at the same time, Fridays suck for him and he usually works late or wants to blow off steam.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yep, SAHM here. Actually I have begun to dislike weekends. My SO is home and things tend to get messed up then. My DD and I are used to him being gone 12 hr days so when he's here on the weekends it messes up our routine. So I usually am saying TGIM... Thank God It's Monday, lol
    ANGIE613

Answer by ANGIE613 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My husband is a weekend warrior, so he works all weekend, and off all week, but my kids and I enjoy all our time together. So no tgif here, hubby gets crabby on friday cause he goes to work!
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 12:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2010