My son has diarrhea, what should I give him?

His stool BM is very watery, it has no consistency at all. He doesn't have a fever and he doesn't seem uncomfortable and he is playing as usual.

JewelandJoseph

Asked by JewelandJoseph at 9:54 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Health

• How old is he? I would probably just push fluids, limit sugar, and feed him tummy-friendly foods (like the BRAT diet, plus plain lean meats).
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:55 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Pedalite
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• he is 2yrs old.
    JewelandJoseph

Answer by JewelandJoseph at 9:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• do not give him any milk, that would cause the problem to get worst. Cut anything that might contain milk: eg. yogourts, cheese sticks, etc. Make him some rice water. Boil the water and add some rice, add a littlebit of sugar and like half of a cinammon stick. Make sure the rice is soft, and he can also have that to drink, I do that for my son, he doesn't really like pedalite. That's my mom's recipe. lol =)
    jcampos

Answer by jcampos at 10:01 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• The BRAT diet is what you should give kids when they are sick
    Bananas
    Rice
    Apple
    Toast
    It is easy on the stomach...Little home remedy for you...cut the apple in wedges and let air for awhile, yes until it turns a little brown, the oxidation actually creates a natural imodium .. :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:24 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I agree w/ Mom Shawn. Applesauce too. I also really believe that chicken soup is good for every ailment. homemade or can doctored up w/ a lil fresh garlic and ginger.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 10:39 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• some say yogurt works good for that
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I know when my girls get sick they want noodle soup (chicken noodle) and I can usually get them to eat a few crackers as well, I go for ones with unsalted tops. I make my own chicken noodle soup as well, because the stuff in the can sometimes is too salty. I also push alot of liquids, water, juice (diluted orange), decaf tea, and even a bit of Gatorade. My girls are 3 and 1 and this helps them out when they are like this. Take Care!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Thank you all for your advice i really appreciate it.
    JewelandJoseph

Answer by JewelandJoseph at 1:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2008