What happened to the people that died before Jesus did?

Since Jesus died for everyone's sins? Did everyone who died before go to hell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• LMBO I love that question!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would think they all went to heaven, I wonder more about before anyone believed in God. I guess Adam and Eve where not very go proselytizers.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 9:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Oooh, that's a good question!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Ohh... thanks, I needed a laugh.

I can just see it now... 'Ugg got stepped on by a Brontosaurus today... I guess he's going to the great cave in the sky"
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't believe in hell. But I also don't believe that Jesus died for our sins, or that he is the only way to God.

So I believe that people before Jesus went where we all go when we die - back to God.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• They are asleep, in their graves.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If they kept the Law they went to Abraham's Bosom, aka Paradise that was in the center of the Earth across a gorge from Hades-Hell. After Jesus died and before he rose, he went to Paradise and all who were there rose with Him and then went to Heaven.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 10:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• When Jesus died he preached to those imprisoned and they rose with Him to Heaven. :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I believe they are in Heaven.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My personal beliefs.

Just like the rest of us. They were reincarnated and continued to suffer the cycles of rebirth and death until they reached their personal enlightenment. Then their souls ascended and became one with the One Universal Creator.

Since I'm not a Christian. I do not believe in "hell" in the Christian sense nor do I believe that Jesus died for humanities sins. So, the birth of the Christ, nor the advent of Christianity would not change my beliefs that are based on a religion that is thousands of years older than Christianity.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010