10 week old baby stuffy nose coughing up stufff !

ok so ds is 10 weeks old and of course everyone else in the house is sick dd 5yrs has ear infection and cough dd 2 yrs has cough and runny nose and now ds has stuffy nose and is coughing up stuff he gets choked on it and gags and like can't breathe I have called the dr and am waiting for them to call back does anyone have any idea what I can do to make it better I have a humidifier in the room already and suck out his nose with the bulb thing and saline drops but it rlly isn't helping !

msh88

Asked by msh88 at 9:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try giving him/her a bath with vicks in the water. Not in his baby tub, but with you. That always worked for mine. The combo of the vicks and the warm water and love...it does the trick. =] Also, Johnsons came out with a vapor bath. Cheap and effective as well, if you're close to a target or walmart.
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 9:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Productive cough means go to the doctor. Meanwhile, keep doing what you're doing. Vicks can also help, you can put it on the bottoms of his feet so he doesn't wind up smearing it everywhere. GL!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Steam up the bathroom by running a hot shower and sit in there with baby for a few. It should help loosen it up, and provide some relief while you wait to hear back from the doctor. I DO like the Vicks Baby Rub, but I believe it says not to use on babies under 6 months. Not 100% on that though. Check the label.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010