In what order do you clean your home?

I try to take it slow but some how still feel overwhelmed :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I don't hubby does.

Answer by older at 9:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• That's why your marriage is so happy, older, he cleans!

Anyways, I always clean my kitchen first and most often. Dishes never sit. Then I do bathrooms. I keep the family living areas tidy at all times so they never get out of control. Dusting and vacuuming come last, as do windows.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I spot whatever messes stick out first (things the kids left out, etc, and THEY take care of them). The kitchen gets cleaned as I use it, so I am not left with a mess. Dishes run at night, unloaded in the morning, loaded during the day. Swab the counters as needed. etc.

I sweep and vacuum the floors, clean the bathroom, and do laundry between tasks. Its not hard to stay on top of it once you get control of it. Just take 15 minutes at a time in one room, and do everything that you can in those 15 minutes if you're feeling overwhelmed.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I try just doing a couple rooms a day. To me thats easier than all at once.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I do a light cleaning every day (picking up trash, dishes, washing the dining room table, etc) but every Friday I do a complete deep cleaning (enlisting the help of the children). I start with the living room while the kids do their bedrooms and the schoolroom, then I just work my way around to the dining room, bathrooms, kitchen and finally my bedroom. The first few weeks it would take me all day, now Friday cleaning day takes me about 4 hours.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If I don't feel like cleaning, I set the timer for 15 minutes. I pick up and straighten as much as I can till the buzzer goes off. I stand at the front door as if I'm a guest, and see what looks the worst, then do that.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2010

• everyday, and i go kitchen, bathroom, livingroom, and formal fromt room, stairs, beooms, other 2 barhroom, and hallway!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:37 PM on Nov. 21, 2010