What color would you paint your bathroom if the trimming (the wood) is a dark brown?

The tile in the bathtub has alittle yellow to it and the counter has aliitle yellow too but with aliittle white and the color pewter. I just want the bathroom to look freshen up other than just cleaning it. :/

Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I was going to say yellow or light blue. A wheat color too.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Dusty Sage!

Oh, so soothing :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Pale yellow.

Answer by older at 9:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would say Robin's Egg blue.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I like sage, too. Or an olive green, a nice green with grey in it, like sage. It will go great with the wood in there, and the yellow should go with it as well. But, that depends on the tones in the yellow. You need to get a green with tones that go with the tones in the yellow, so get those color cards, and take them home to see which goes best. But I think a green, since there's wood. If you painted the wood a cream, then I'd go with a blue, a country blue. But with the wood, I'd go with green.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Maybe with an nice accent wall... something like a darker violet, or mocha.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• BTW, my bathroom is light blue... I just can't relax in there!! I feel, I dunno, uptight?

I repainted the hall bathroom in a pretty red maple w/ dark green accents (the red maple is actually orange- like when the leaves turn), and taupe trim. I added sage curtains, and shower curtain that is sage w/ taupe paisley print. LOVE it. It is sooo peaceful in evening when we light some candles and take a bath. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Sage. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Sky blue
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 2:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Cake batter, a warm yellow. Caramel would also look nice. What about a green, that would also look good. Just pick a shade you like.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:15 AM on Nov. 20, 2010