If you could live in a place that is bad and see it through their eyes...would you do it?

a prisoner,-- a third world country,- a homeless person on the street, someone in a nursing home (young or old), someone that hates their job, someone forced to take work they can't do,..... like a puny little person lifting garbage all day. *ex.

didn't know what cat. to list under)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• I already have compassion for people and am greatful for my situation, even though it's not the best either. I just wish there was more I could do to help.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would like to do this. I am sure we do not really appreciate the other guys situation.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• No, I think I can imagine the torture, pain, loss, and the awful things they experience enough. I am blessed to be where I am, I don't need to live the opposite lifestyle to know that. I just wish there was more I could do for them. I give money, but who knows where that goes really...
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Luckily folks in developing nations CAN"T see their world through OUR eyes. That's why you'll see kids playing happily in streets covered with trash and people living in shantie towns, trying their best to keep them clean and comfortable.

I'd be more worried if someone could see my life through the eyes of a homeless person or a person from a third world country. HOT RUNNING WATER, INDOOR TOILET, HEAT, TELEVISION, FRIDGE, COMPUTER. The things we take for granted in the USA would make someone from another country feel like a millionaire, yet we often find things to complain about. Sad, really...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I try to see things through the eyes of those in bad situations, and it's terrible. I think that if someone were able to truly see through the eyes of those less fortunate there would be more compassion and empathy in the world. I'd do it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010