What are the chances of having twins and not know it??

I am pregnant with my third child and in my 39th week. Even though my baby has moved head-down and feels like she has dropped, I still have a high tummy that feels like the baby is sitting high. My husband and I both thought it was just the placenta, but it moves just like my baby is reeeeeeally long or two of them possibly. I have had two ultrasounds and neither of them showed anything about the possibility of twins, but thinking maybe they just weren't looking for it. Thought I'd ask on here before I sounded like an idiot at my doctor's checkup.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Since you are so far along in your pregnancy (and you've had two ultrasounds), I'm going to guess that you aren't carrying twins. I carried my DD like that, even after I dropped it still felt like there was a baby high up.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I appreciate your answer. I just thought that it was weird, since I didn't have this occurence with my other pregnancies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i so agree with scuba, i wouldnt think of twins at this point but who knows, good luck
    dbarkley101306

Answer by dbarkley101306 at 11:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• at this stage of pregnancy, it would be obvious even without an ultrasound, from feeling and watching kicking and movement.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 12:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2010