help need to go to the dentist, but DH doesn't get dental insurance until June

I have at least 6 cavities I seen yesterday and they don't hurt, but the one in the front of my mouth started hurting today. I think it is because I drink pop I drink a lot of pop I know I am trying to cut down on it, but it is hard anyway. Where I live I have called around before like a year ago if that and everywhere told me that you have to pay up front they don't have payment plans, but I can't afford to pay it upfront. Cause god only knows how much it is going to cost to do all those fillings, plus I have a wisdom tooth that I know they are going to want to pull since there isn't no room for it and I am constantly bitting my inside of my cheek. Also my kids really need to go my youngest is nearly 3 and never has been to the dentist and my oldest is 5.5 and hasn't been there since she was 18 months. We don't qualify for assistance. They dont' even take payments for kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Health

• AS far as the kids go a your local Health Department should have a low cost dentist for them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Have you looked into Carecredit? It's a low interest credit card for medical uses.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You could quickly save up the money for the cavity fillings by cutting out the spending on all that soda pop you're drinking :) It's terrible for you anyway. The wisdom tooth may just have to wait til you get the insurance as that is likely to be more expensive. I'd try to go soon though for the cavity fillings so they don't continue to deteriorate your teeth. Any way someone in your family might give you a small loan?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:47 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would talk to the dentist, I'm pretty sure they can work out payment plans.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If you tried to get payment plans a year ago, why didn't you save the monthly payments you would have made and you would be able to pay for it. This is how people get and achieve what they need and want. They save and plan for it. Why do people think that things should be taken care of for them. You have to take care of yourself. Start planning and budgeting to provide the medical and dental care your family needs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If there's no way for you to get a loan, then your only options may be to either find a low-cost clinic--perhaps the health department--to go to now, or continue trying to find an office that will allow you to set up a payment plan. Also, I don't know if your 5 year old attends public school, but in my area, the public schools have a "dental bus" come to the school to provide low-or no-cost care for students who otherwise may not be receiving dental care. I've never participated in it so I can't vouch for how the program works, but it might be worth giving the school a call and asking if there's anything like that there.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:01 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Do you have any dental schools in your area? we have one here and its $33 a filling very reasonable. Just a thought have you looked into only filling the one that is bothering you?
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 10:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My parents have never had dental insurance ever and my dad is about to retire. Their dentist has always let them pay in payments and there was never any interest. Ask you dentist if they'll do the same for you.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• u could quickly save up the money for the cavity fillings by cutting out the spending on all that soda pop you're drinking :) It's terrible for you anyway. The wisdom tooth may just have to wait til you get the insurance as that is likely to be more expensive. I'd try to go soon though for the cavity fillings so they don't continue to deteriorate your teeth. Any way someone in your family might give you a small loan?

I know noone in my family for a fact I no they wont give me a loan
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2010