Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Military separation,, so how do i go about this..

I was wondering if you tell the chain of command that you want to separate then do they automatically move DH to the barracks or what and how long does it take to move him out of the house.


Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • If you live in base housing, HE goes, not you. Base housing is for family. LMAO. They will not kick you out, not until your divorce is final. Just because he is in the military does not mean you are left out in the cold.
    I've had dealings with JAG. Like I said. Go to JAG. Not his unit, they will not help you. Being separated, though, you will get spousal support. But, if you live in base housing, I don't think you get it. Since you get the housing. So, that's why I said to go to JAG. Wives can tell you all kinds of things, but that's their experience. JAG is what gets things done, and no, they do not work for your husband. But, you need to get there before he does. There should be two offices, one office won't see you both. At least that's how it was 16 years ago. Call them now, find out for yourself. OK?

    Answer by Raine2001 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • The military is not going to kick your husband out of his house just because you call his chain and tell them you want to separate. They consider that a civil matter and won't do anything without legal documentation showing the living arrangements. He can request on his own will to move into the barracks but the military cannot evict someone from their home. It doesn't quite work that way.

    Answer by Izsarejman at 9:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • He belongs to the military, you don't. They would kick you out before they'd kick him out.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • You need to go to JAG and get them to help you with a legal separation. They can tell you how it all works. IDK, when I got divorced, we didn't live on post. Call and find out, when I did, they had certain days and times for separations. And, you both can't go to the same JAG office, at least you couldn't back then. So, you should call first, so you can get in before he does. And, BTW, they will help you. My ex told me they wouldn't because I wasn't a soldier. He told me they will only help the soldiers. He was a real POS, and they really did not like him, or his CO. Anywho, call JAG, get in there, they will help you with all that.

    Answer by Raine2001 at 10:02 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • bubsiclesmom

    Answer by bubsiclesmom at 10:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • Raine is right, I *was* Army JAG for 5 years. Go to Legal Assistance and go now. Bring your dependant ID.

    Answer by bethany169 at 11:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

  • First off, they aren't going to kick him out of his own home if you aren't on base. Unless he's being physically abusive and you have proof, they will be more worried about him than you. Go to JAG and talk to them.

    Answer by hobbitswife04 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2010