little brothers

How do you handle the rough housing? Let them sort it out or whendo you intervene

ThaSs

Asked by ThaSs at 9:53 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I let the kids roughhouse, as long as they respect each other while doing it. If it starts to get out of control, I'll separate them. We have a "no hands" (can't touch another person) rule in the house, so if there is any hitting involved I'll stop it right away.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Depends....if it is just wrestling around - let them play.
    If it is fighting - stop it. They need to know that fighting should be done with out physical contact.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i have 4boys and they fight all the time when they where younger now they are older not so much ,only with words,
    when to stop when you see blood ,these boy need to talk out what making them bad about each other and listen to what they have to say ,
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 10:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I bought my 3 boys each kids' boxing gloves. I let them take it outside and play around with them, and by the time they come in they are too worn out to get physical over arguments. They can let out frustration without really hurting each other.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 12:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My sons are 13 months apart. We use our words, no violence to get what we want.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My DD is about to be 3.
    My DS is only 8 months.
    They fight and wrestle like they are both 3 lol. If they are playing I let them play. If they are fighting they go to time out. (And yes I put my 8 month old in time out because he knows what no means and it is never too early to start discipline)
    IheartArianna07

Answer by IheartArianna07 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2010