Activities in the evening

Do you get tired of going to activities in the evenings?! I work til 4:30 and it seems like no matter how much I cut out of our schedule we have something going on all the time! I think it just happens as kids get older ( dd is almost 9) but I cant wait to go home and spend half a day there on sat afternoon!! Does this happen to anyone else's schedule?!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• We've been busy since my son could hold a ball. We have sports all year round, with a few colleges looking at him now for Football I can only imagine how many miles I'll have on the car soon.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:07 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We have the same thing. The days that we have nothing we end up having an orthodontist appointment or something like that. I'm tired and y house is a mess!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My kids don't have activities...woo! They are 6 and 7. I am sure they will start sports pretty soon but probably not for another year or two. My 6 yo is bipolar and can't really participate in a lot of stuff because after a day, I get asked nicely to not bring her back. I am trying to find a special needs class she can go to for activities.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yep, life with 5 kids a DH and a puppy!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Sorry to report it only gets more hectic as they get older. I thought once they got older life would slow down- but with an 11 and 15 year old I have only found it gets more hectic and then homework eats into the few "quiet" nights we do get at home.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 1:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have 3 teens right now and yes, it seems like every evening has something going on. Either they have activities or I have meetings of booster clubs, etc. I think it gets worse as they get older but I also know I'm going to miss it when they're all out on their own. Make sure you do take some time for yourself to just relax or you won't be able to enjoy the rest of it!
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 3:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes. I'm embarrassed to admit it but I have let the boys drop out of two classes recently simply because they got a bit bored with them and I was thankful to not have to take them anymore.
    Waste of money but whatever.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• thankfully I'm not at that stage yet.. all my dd's activities are in the day.. when she starts school... I'll probably be saying the same thing. lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• no! I am a sahm, and i love going to scouts, and soccer, and karate and dance! I think that it is great that my kids have fun and have passions!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 20, 2010