need to vent, im so pissed at my husband. he cares about noone but himself!

this morning our 2 year old woke up with a fever of 103.9! i gave her some juice and motrin and she threw it up immediately. i decided after i dropped my oldest off at school i would take her straight to the doctor. anyway after she vomited i woke him up to help since i was trying to get everyone ready and do 100 things at once. he did wake up but said he had to work and couldn't go to the doctor with us. he did have to work but not til 10, her appt. was at 8:30. then he said she doesn't need to go, im like really she doesnt need to go with a fever of 103.9 and vomiting? so now i had to take her and our baby by myself to the doctor. then he redeemed himself when she threw up in the car by washing her "babies" and other stuff she soiled. but i called him after the appt and he didnt even ask about her. turns out she just has a virus but will need to go to the hospital if she keeps vomiting. he is so lazy and selfish!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like mine last night. My son was sick with a fever and he couldn't get his ass off the computer for five minutes to help with the other kids. When my son is sick, he wants to be held and I hold him until the motrin kicks in and he plays a little. So, I am the one giving the baths to the other two, getting them to bed, getting their lunches ready, clothes picked out while this jackass is playing some stupid ass computer game.

In other words, I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• He sounds like a good man...cleaning up the vomit. Mine would never do that. I tend to over react sometimes. He always tends to calm me down and convince me the kids don't need to go to the doc or the ER. I think you two should of talked about it some. My DH never goes to the doc or the ER with us, he always stays home with the other child.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yes he is. So are you going to accept it and keep doing the necessary or are you going to take action to change it?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• IDK if you know this already, but, if she keeps throwing up, ask for phenergen(sp?) and Tylenol suppositories. That way, those stay in her system, she can't puke them up. It might seem cruel, suppositories, but if they throw up a lot, can't hold anything down, they can't hold down any meds, either.
    As for the selfish hubby? I wouldn't be talking to him, fixing him anything to eat, or doing anything else for him for a few days. I'd be pissed, too.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have to agree with anon... The only time I take our boys to the Dr. is if they have a cough and fever for fear it could be pneumonia.. Which they both had these past couple weeks... But if it's just fever, vomiting, and just not feeling well, then they stay home, rest, drink fluids, even if they throw it up. I make sure they only sip all day, then their body will absorb it. I also call the nurse line at our local Childrens Hospital for reassurance. They don't need to be out and about when they are vomiting anyway. Sorry, JMO. We all don't know the whole story, and if your Hubby works and you don't then I'm afraid it's on you to do the running around. You took the job as SAHM, so that's your job... JMO Don't take it personal.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Hey ANON, you stupid ASS.... that is almost a fever of 104 which DOES warrant a doctors visit as that is as high as a childs fever can safely go.

As for the husband, you said he had to be to work by ten? How far away is the doctor and did you call for an emergency appointment? My pedi has a small practice and we live right down the road but there isn't laways a chance that we will be in/out/and on our way by that time. Maybe he just didn't want to be late for work. Maybe he was being selfish. I honestly can't be to judge.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Im sorry you had to take care of this by your self. I hope the child feels better.
    When my kids got sick they aways camme to me.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• *sigh* Men! >=[
    Scarlet_Delilah

Answer by Scarlet_Delilah at 10:23 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Jerk
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Lazy he is, but you got to take the good with the bad.

Answer by older at 10:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010