why are 25% of you not voting?

listen ladies, i know election time is a pain, to say the least. and i know that many of you feel that youre one vote wont change anything, and maybe it wont. let me tell you why i vote. i vote because of what women went through to GET us the right to vote, i vote out of respect for hte women who were beaten, incarcerated, and publicly HUMILIATED to FIGHT for our right to vote. the womens rights movement was no joke people, and i think its pretty messed up that youll sit around and do nothing after all those women went through for YOU. get off your ass and go to the polls

itbetterbeagirl

Asked by itbetterbeagirl at 10:09 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm not voting bc I am a slacker. I have moved and I have not registered where I live now.
    hamberger

Answer by hamberger at 10:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Some people don't vote because they don't want to be responsible for their candidate's behavior if he wins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• well i am off of my ass since five thirty this morning getting my kids off to skool my hubby off to work taking care of my one year old cleaning and preparing for her bday tomorrow when i am done here i am going grocery shopping for me and my mother picking the kids up from skool transporting them to other places coming home starting dinner going to pick my hubby up from work gathering up the children again coming home finishin dinner feeding everyone cleaning up after that doing laundry helping with homework getting everyone in and out of showers with not arguing fixing lunches for tomorrow making sure everyone has the clothes they want to wear for tomorrow sitting down and relaxing for five minutes and then getting baby ready for bed where in there would you like me to go vote i just don't see it and no i am in no way trying to be ignorant i have a very busy family and they come first
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• because america is a free country. you can choose to vote or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I nominate jodi205 for stressed out mom of the year. However, we are all busy....not that I don't understand your point of view, you just need a break.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I have a ton of kids and a messy house and a bunch of stuff to do today. Oh and some of my kids are sick too!! I still got up and voted first thing this morning, because it means so much to me and our children's future depends on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I think that a woman, especially, who doesn't vote, is basically giving all those brave women who fought for this right a slap in the face.

Do you have any idea what they went through just so you all could have a voice in this country?

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 12:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• it's still a RIGHT. which mean I can exercise it or NOT.
    Anonymous

• Nobody is saying you can't NOT vote..
    we just don't understand why you wouldn't..
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 12:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• uh, not really. the question was really just to say get off our a$$ and go vote.
    Anonymous