we are ungrateful sometimes

i was reading a small excerpt from a womans devotional bible my grandmother gave me. it was talking about how with eve, she had everything she needed...all the food she needed, a mate etc. but she was tempted for that one fruit cause it was not given to her and she felt like god was holding out on her....and that is so ungrateful. so many ppl now a days might have a gorgeous familyi, nice house, stable income, healthy etc. but they bitch ohhh im not a millionaire or i want to sleep with that hot guy and they go out and do things morally wrong etc. its the same basis. we aer ungrateful and want it ALL but dont stop to thank for the things we already have. is that human nature or just evil temptation tricking us?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• evil temptaion tricking us. We go t church every Sunday as a family, and me and my husband tell each other we are grateful for everything we have.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I hear ya on that! We do need to stop and take time to appreciate all that we do have and we need to Thank God for it as well. WHo knows one day it may all be gone. And then we still will complain about not having, but we have breath in our lungs that can be taken away too.
    Dancey30

Answer by Dancey30 at 10:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• ITs human nature to want, thats why we have free will to be able to choose whats right and whats not. and wanting more does not mean a person is ungreatful.
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 11:35 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• At the end these people are really unhappy, bitter, miserable and have the nerve to blame God for their actions. God gave us a free will to make choices and people then suffer the consequences. God does not bend our arms to seek him, repent and live righteous.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• wanting more is not bad...but not ever taking the time to appreciate what we have is.
    like women that nag and nag at their husbands.....but never take a second to say thanks for doing this and that or just an , honey i couldnt imagine my life without you..not they nag and nag and are never grateful. and i was speaking more so of ppl that are highly materialistic and greedy or want freedomsl ike being able to sleep around when they are married. not someone wanting a better job, tahts not greedy its just bettering your lifestyle.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You know, there was an article on MSN Money about this phenomenon. That most people feel like (whatever their income) that they "need" to make 20% more to be happy. Of course, whatever raise you do get, that 20% more desire stays in place. Carrot in front of the donkey. They also mentioned in the same article that money will never make you happy -- and that people got MORE happiness from getting an extra hour a night sleep then they do from getting a 60k increase in income. I thought that was fascinating.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• oh ...i do need more sleep lol
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• They are one in the same. Our humaness is not godliness because of the Fall. It's easy to be ungrateful if our thoughts are negative, we are jealous or covet what another has. It's even easier when satan is lurking around the corner, just waiting to up the ante of temptation. I feel for Eve. She didn't have the Word of God to fight off evil and she certainly was no comparison to the perfect Christ. I recently memorized this verse, "No temptation will seize you ecept for that which is common to man. And God is faithful, He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. And when you are tempted, He will also provdie a way out so that you may stand up under it! )1Cor 21:14 I think)
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 5:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It's human nature to want what we don't have. Or more of what we do have!

manna1qd, you quoted one of my favorite verses! It's found in 1 Cor. 10:13. I have to disagree with you about Eve not having the word of God. She had it straight from His mouth. (Genesis 3:2)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Myself I am grateful for what I do have, I don't have a bib fancy home, a new car, of money to go shopping whenever I want. When I thank God, I thank him for yhe good and the bad. The things I have and the things I don't have. I think he knows what my husband and I need in our life. We just want a roof over our head, a vehicle to get around in, and a life full of love for God and for each other and our kids and grandkids. I'm just a plain old person who asks nothing but love and forgiveness from God.We both also want the Truth of God and Jesus in our lives.
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 7:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2008