to young for a swingset?

so for christmas we were thinking of getting her a nice swingset. she loves the playground and the kid swings, you think 22 months is too young for their first swingset?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I Have two swingsets I have three older kids 15, 13, 10
    My son 16 months old is the youngest we have a baby swing
    for him and he already knows how to climb the ladder and go down the slide
    by himself. obviously with parental supervision.
    It's a great way to burn energy
    mamapowell

Answer by mamapowell at 10:25 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• she has a slide already, she loves that. she goes down and goes "weee" hehe
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• We considered getting our daughter one for Christmas this year (she's 2-1/2) but decided to wait until next year. She has a very small plastic slide that she still uses and frankly the idea of a huge swingset right now just terrifies me!
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:41 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• I don't think so. So long as you are with her at all times when she is near or on it. Just be sure to keep your doors locked so she doesn't sneak out on you when you are not looking, she may want to go play when you are not ready. They do have locks you can put up high so she can not reach them.
    Dancey30

Answer by Dancey30 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• oh we already have locks on the top of our doors...cause she can open doors already and she's not even 2. i would never let her outside alone. my husband did that once....i was sooooo mad at him. i was sick and napping and he was supposed to be watching her and he didnt close the door all the way, she ran outside into the neighbors yard to pet the dog. i wanted to kick his butt. what if that dog wasnt friendly? luckily the dog was and he knows to make sure he locks the doors now
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• A swing set would be great, just shop for the right one. There is plenty of play equiptment that is designed for toddlers. Even if it is for preschool age it might work , just make sure that the slides/ladders and such are not too high. Or if they are high that they have proper railings to keep her from falling.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 2:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My daughter is 23 months old and she has had a swingset for about two months and she loves it.
    Jordyn1202

Answer by Jordyn1202 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• No that's a great age to get one. My son was around that age when i got him one and i also have a 11 month old and they both love to go outside and play on it. Plus it's better then going to the park where the toys are to big for them.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 6, 2008