Should I say something? I have ongoing issues with my sister in law... we've talked and resolved things before...

whenever we go to her house with her family - she is nice to me and acts like everything in fine. BUT at my house shes a B. Snotty - better than me- looks down on me "and" my family. The last time she was here (for my DH bday - HER BROTHER's - she refused to help at all, or to bring anything.) it was a surprise party for her brother! and she always asks me to bring something when she has stuff! and i do! ) it sounds so stupid - i know. but she is SO rude to me! at my DH party at my house she actually PUSHED my mom, WHILE my mom was holding my DS! people saw and were asking me what her probem is... a while ago when i wanted to have a holiday party at my house - with both our families she actually said to me that she doesn't need to "deal" with my family bc her brother married into them not her. UGGH. i'm telling you she's snooty. so my DH has talked to her before - so have i. nothing has been said about pushing my mom. cont'd

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• and it was in Oct. Should I call her and bring it up? it doesn't matter now - but when my son has a bd party soon - and when i want to have special occasions for my husband i WILL invite my family and his family. if she can't show some respect I don't want her coming..... help? what would you do? I TRY to be bigger person and invite her - but it never fails. shes always RUDE! i don't want her in my house disrespecting me in front of my family and friends.... UGH!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• my brother's wife acts like a snobby bitch too, i just stopped going to any of their events and when they come over for christmas or thanksgiving i don't speak to her....if she ever pushed my mother, especially while holding my child, she'd have an ass whoopin' coming her way
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Then don't invite her.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:39 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• how many times can i "try" to work it out with her?? she stresses me out!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Maybe she's secretly jealous of you for some reason? I would stop inviting her.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Sounds like my SIL... drives me NUTS! But she is never nice to me lol.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 10:46 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You need to establish your authority in YOUR home. She is a guest in YOUR house and she needs to respect you. As far as things that go on outside your home, that is where your husband needs to step in. This is HIS family and if there is something that makes you uncomfortable he needs to be the one to address it. I wouldn't call her and bring up past but I would catalog it, and the next time she pulls her crap stand your ground. Be sure your husband is aware of how you feel and tell him you would like for him to address the issue (it is his obligation as your husband. Even if it was your sister acting like this.). Also, I would not put myself in a position to be around her unless I had to. Good Luck!!!

Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I am in the same boat with my bil and his wife. I have decided that life is too short to put up with people who treat you badly. You should just have as little contact as possible with her. Keep your families seperate, there is really no need for them to be together. Get used to splitting b-days and holidays. I am not saying you should be rude to her, just ignore her for the most part.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:52 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would tell her to behave herself and treat your family with respect while in YOUR home.. If she can't, she can stay away.. Stick to your guns..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 10:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't invite her to stuff and if she asks you why you are not asking her to come to things, tell her what you told us. Maybe she will straighten up then, if not just leave her out of things. She acts like she doesn't want to be apart of it anyways. If she doesn't like your family fine, but that doesn't give her the right to be rude at your house.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2010