What advice would you give a first time mommy?

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Be flexible, be prepared for ANYTHING, from pregnancy to labor to raising your child. NEVER have ANYTHING set in your mind as far as how things are going to go, because kids have their own ideas! Just go with the flow.
    Parent your own way. You can take a little from here, and a little from there, and make it work for your family. Do what's best for you guys.
    Enjoy every stage, because it really does go so fast. Yes, we all look forward to the stages ahead of us, but you'll never get that time back, and you'll fondly look back on it. Don't let it go by too fast!
    Parenting is the best, hardest thing you'll ever do. There are no medals to be won for breastfeeding the longest or potty training first or having the child who can read first. Just a child to keep happy and ticking along, and a mommy (and daddy?) to enjoy watching him/her grow up. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• HAVE PATIENCE
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 11:22 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Moms always make mistakes. So don't beat yourself up when you make one.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Enjoy all the stages. And most of all listen to other others BUT always follow your instincts
    Bubbles120

Answer by Bubbles120 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Don't be afraid to ask for help! It took my husband telling me "I'm not a mind reader, and this doesn't come naturally to me" for me to realize that.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:33 AM on Nov. 20, 2010