Is your house messy or clean?

I am all day and my house is still messy most of the time. I know so much of the time it's just because I'm plain lazy. I mean my house could be cleaned up in a matter of minutes if company was coming by. It's not DISGUSTING! But I really HATE cleaning. I especially hate cleaning when I know it's just going to get messed up within a few hours again. I wish I could get in a more "ambitious" mode and just be a "good housewife" but it's so darn BORING!! So I'm just wondering if the rest of you are good housekeepers or do you have a messy house like me?

jenettyshome

Asked by jenettyshome at 10:18 AM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Mine gets messy on a daily basis! With 3 kids running around, and being 9 months pregnant...I'm just not that worried if the floors don't get swept! ;) I do usually do a quick run-through twice a day just to make it look better...
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 10:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• mine is clean....most of the time, unless im an doing something that brings out messes
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• it depends on the day but on an average day my house has toys scattered around the living room floor and hours old breakfast can also be found that has yet to be vaccumed. along with a few dished in the sink.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My house is usually a mess unless my mother or aunt are coming for a visit LOL. I have a list of daily cleaning that gets done, there is not any dust or dirt under the clutter most of the time and my kitchen and bathroom are always clean. My bedroom, the livingroom, the kids rooms usually cluttered and messy.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 10:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Mine's a freakin mess!! I'm gonna clean in a minute. maybe.... :P
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i have 4 kids but 3 only makes the mess lil sissy just watches and smiles but i go threw it 3 times a day morning noon and night but yeah i get tired and lazy so i will let it fly 1 day then its more of a mess
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 10:30 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Lol with kids I dont see how ahouse can be clean,mine is clean until the kides get homefrom schoolor out of school for something then its a losing battle to try to clean.I try to keep it clean though incase company drops by.usually I have to hurry and pick up toys and clothes they didint put where they go.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 10:31 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Mine is in the middle. It is picked up and most of the time vacuumed, but I need to do some deep cleaning.
    Dancey30

Answer by Dancey30 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• my house is always clean, I tend other peoples kids sometimes and my house is still clean my kids are not allowed to eat outside the kitchen. All toys must stay in the play room, and i wipe down counters, mop floors, and vaccum every day. The only parts of my house that are a "mess" would be my laundry room, and my sons play room.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 10:44 AM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i think there's a big difference between clean and messy. my house is clean but it's also pretty messy--toys on the floor and various clothes scattered.
    it's difficult with an almost 3 year old who wants to literally follow behind me and make messes as i clean them up.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:47 AM on Nov. 4, 2008