swollen breast

i am currently 22 weeks 1 day along n my pregnancy and i am having a boy, this is my 3rd pregnancy but surely this pain is the 1st, my breast have swollen a whole lot over the last week n this morning as i was getting ready 2 get a shower i unsnapped my bra n the pain was so bad i had 2 sit down, the hot shower seemed 2 make it worst n right now i am n pain and have no clue as to y this is happening or what to do to stop it or at least relieve most of it, i have called my doctor and she has yet 2 return my call, PLZ HELP

dbarkley101306

Asked by dbarkley101306 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It may be normal for this pregnancy for you. My breasts felt like two big bruises during my pregnancy. You can try icing them (very gently!); the heat will bring more blood flow, which makes it worse. The hot shower is better for once your milk comes in and you get engorged. You may have milk sooner, as this is your third pregnancy. Are you able to express milk? You can even try hand expressing into the sink for now, if that's the problem.
    What kind of pain is it? Is it the whole of both of your breasts, or one spot? Is there a "knot-like" lump in one of them?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:17 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My first pregnancy was like this and so far my pregnancy now seems to be doing the same but earlier. When u take a shower try to use a luke-warm water, the hot water won't make it better. Then when u have time to urself, try to lay in bed and get some warm water dip wash rags into it and try to just lightly wrap ur breasts into them, u can try ice too.
    AmberLeTTeBxtcH

Answer by AmberLeTTeBxtcH at 12:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• the pain is the whole both breast and im not leaking any kind of fluid, its just so bad all i wanna do is lay still n not move, hard 2 do with a 19 month old at home and hubby at work
    dbarkley101306

Comment by dbarkley101306 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Sounds pretty normal. Try a sleep bra, and make sure you wear a bra during the day to keep them supported. Go easy on them the best you can. They're just busy prepping to make milk. Hang in there!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2010