anyone else HATE smartphones?

i think they are cool but i seriously HATE smartphones now. ok maybe not the phones but i hate how much my husband is on his damn phone. its annoying everytime he is around he is on the stupid phone.. playing a game.... checking the game.. reading the updates about football and the players.. i mean pretty much ALLLLLL the time. anyone else have someone who stays on their phone more than they do anything else?

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't see any point in those phones honestly. Hell I'm only 22 and I can't stand some of the stuff they have now. What ever happen to things being simple? Talk to him and tell him how you feel.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Tell HIM this!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:22 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My husband currently has the Blackberry Curve. He wants one of those touch screen things like you are talking about and the thought literally gives me an anxiety attack. It seems like there is always something to take attention away from wife and family. Video games, work, and now stupid cell phones. Luckily we are locked into our contract for another couple years so he won't be upgrading again any time soon.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:22 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I love my smart phone but I hate football. My hubs is on two fantasy football leagues so he will be on the lap top with eight different games showing on our big TV and then he brings in another TV into the living room that he puts the Nascar race on. If I am not home when this all begins, he will even have a third TV in there with yet another football game on it. While all this is going on, he is talking to his partners from the fantasy football leauges. In fact I wanted to go to the zoo on Sunday and he can't go because of fooball! FOOTBALL!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You are describing my son. He is newly married and his wife doesn't mind she watches it with him on TV. I never would have married him..lol.. if it was me. Sports 24/7. He will go places and do family things though, then again,  he is a newlywed. I fill for you.

hugs

Janet

Answer by Janet at 1:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2010

• its not the phone's fault, hon. you need to say something to your husband.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Don't hate the phone. Don't hate the video games. Don't hate the computer. Don't hate guns. It's not the item, but the user. I love my iPhone. My husband also is on the phone all the time, but it's because of his work. If he didn't have his phone on him and working 24/7, he'd have to be out of the state 95% of the time for his job.

I would tell your husband how you feel about it. What bothers me more are the people who are carrying on a conversation in the stores so that everyone around them knows whats going on.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Hahah, I made the mistake of giving my husband my old iPhone and now he's on it checking sports scores, playing games and reading the online newspaper any chance he gets. In his defense though, he really needed it for work as he has emails he has to check all the time for projects he works on. I just tell him straight up okay off the phone, and he gets off.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:32 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Why does everyone use the word HATE all the time? So much anger here at CM.......
    Its not the phone,its your DH.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2010