Am I the only one?

I read a lot of questions asking how much I spend on each person at Christmas or how much I spend all together.
I never budget for Christmas. I never make sure I spend equal amounts of money on each kid etc. I just do Christmas! Guess I am not much of a planner.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 11:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• Nope, you are not alone. I don't put much into my spending. They get what they get. If one gets more than the other, I am sure it evens out thru the year overall.

As for the cost, I do have a cap on how much per child I would spend. I just don't keep that amount equal when I am done.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We budget for christmas, and I have 4 neices/nephews to buy presents for this year. We budget for a specific amount for each one, but that's just the limit, not what we must spend. What we're more concerned about is making sure that each has about the same amount of gifts to open. Being the Aunt/Uncle we never get them their "big gift" so it's easy to coordinate with what my parents are getting them and what my sister is getting them and get them smaller things, etc. They're all still young and just love to open gifts, and they're still in the mindset that it's all about quantity! So even if we get them small things and wrap them all individually, it makes it look like we splurged for them...
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't really budget either, but I only have my two kids and my two grandkids to buy for. Again, though, I only buy them one gift. The kids are all old enough to buy something for themselves when they need it now anyway. However, my husband and I already bought our gift. LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• We do need to keep track of amount of gifts, not necessarily amount of money spent. We have 3 kids so if one gets vastly more than the others, they'll notice. Otherwise, we just have fun shopping and buying and giving.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yeah, I have no idea how much I spent last year or how much I am going to spend this year.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i have never budgeted for christmas...i just spend when i have extra
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My concern with buying for my kids is that I must get the same number for each, because they do count and compare.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 11:35 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I have a budget because money is really tight for us right now, but I don't try to spend equal amounts on everyone. I just shop to find something that each person will like that is within my budget. We've never decided to spend a certain, equal amount on everyone and I doubt we ever will.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• You're not the only one. I agree.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i st a budget but dont always stick to it.i spend the same on each adult child and this year we are just doing our mothers-they are widows and our children
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 2:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010