Obama Clause is Coming To Town

Why? Why why why why? Every time he visits, he clogs up traffic, costs us tons of local money, causes tons of litter while people line up to see him and drop all their gum and water bottles. And this time, he's doing it Thanksgiving week? He's going to hose up multiple airports here the week of TG? The only saving factor this time is he's going to a town near us instead of coming right here like he usually does, but that doesn't make it any better. And the purpose of this trip? To tell everyone how he "saved" Chrysler and GM. Why can't he do that from his front porch or his rose garden?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:29 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• who's gonna cop a feel at the airports of the POTUS?? hey, maybe HE should be scanned and felt up..y'know, to show the american public that the new policies are ok??? LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Because he is a narcissist. He thinks the world is overcome with joy to see him.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

"

This!

Bump!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• @ @
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• What an asshole,seriously..yep true narcissism at it's finest.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Well, crap.

I'm sorry.

I did think, though, when I saw your title, that they were going to be passing more money out. I'm relieved I was wrong.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:41 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yea, he came here a few months back to tour solyndra and make a speech about green energy being the future and saving the economy and blah blah blah. Too bad even after a 535 million dollar loan solyndra just can't cut it and announced they are cutting jobs and scrapping plans for a new factory. Good job there, Big O... great use of money, time and resources. So glad we loaned that all that money that they will probably never pay back. Didn't we learn anything about bad investments in the last 4 years? Jeez....
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:42 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• That's been my experience here in Portland whenever **any** President visits, VP Visits, or even candidates visit... lol

Security for Bush 1 and 2 would get insane (especially after Portland was nicknamed "Little Beirut" by Bush 1) . Entire sections of the city were blocked off for Cheney.
    There were snipers on my roof when Bill was here, and when Hillary was here campaigning.. lol

Obama's security, street blocking, free way hogging..etc.. Was the same as all the rest of them's around here.. lol.. They all, each and everyone of them (Pres. VP, and candidates for Pres) that has come to Portland has been their own little special pain in the bupkiss.. lol

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Just be glad you don't live where he's from. I do. He closes down entire beaches, clogs the freeways for hours, and just generally causes mayhem every time he comes and it's always near or over a holiday. I wish he would concentrate on being less of a celebrity and more of a president. When did it become acceptable for a president to act like his position is that of an entertainer?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

See, it's not normal here. We're on Obama's radar because we had the hardest hit economy in the country after the housing bubble burst. He was here twice to campaign, and this will be his 4th trip here in the 2 years since he was elected. It's not a typical campaign stop for anyone - even our congress reps hardly set foot here. It'll be interesting to see if we stay on the radar for the next election. I suspect Obama will start avoiding us like the plague and the Pubs will start showing up, because our economy is about where it was when he started telling everyone he'd fix it. The only difference is most people have run out of COBRA and unemployment, so the numbers look better on paper.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2010