Would you eat cookies that were randomly left on your doorstep?

I want to give my neighbors a cookie basket or tin for Christmas. I barely know them but i think it will help break the ice a bit. But i don't want to give it in person. I wanted to leave it one the doorstep with a note. Would you eat them? or think it was weird?

chanelsparkels

Asked by chanelsparkels at 11:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• Personally, I woudnt eat anything like that unless it was hand delivered. Just stop by, ring the door bell, and say "Hello, my name is ___. I live ___. Just wanted to say hi, and welcome you to the neighborhood". Doing it in person means to much more.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Definitely, and that' a great idea! Just leave it with a hand written note (more personal) with your name and make sure you let then know you're the neighbor not some creeper, lol. I think that's a wonderful christmas idea.
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I would eat them, but I really eat anything. Most people probably wouldn't.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:57 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Cookies you made,or a commercially made one? If I didn't knowyou (yet) i wouldn't eat the cookies you made

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• they might not eat them but they still might appreciate the gesture.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't eat them, for a lot of reasons (I'm pretty picky about the kinds of ingredients that go in my mouth)...

I might accept them graciously at the door if you came by when you could see someone was here. If you're trying to break the ice, do it in person.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I don't know if I would if they were left anonomously. But, if there was a card that said something like Happy Holidays from your neighbor at 23 or something I think that would be very nice. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I sure would. If you leave a note I wouldn't see that as any different than handing them over in person...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• If someone gave them to me in person, then yes. Something left on a doorstep, I wouldn't trust since that sounds kind of terrorist, even if that isn't the intent.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 12:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• i would not...especially if the were just left. maybe if you delivered them i would. How about sending the kids over with them?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2010