Stressed out... Husband wonders why...

I'm on midnights this month which usually means "stay out of the way I'm a grouch!", but this month I think I've been doing pretty well, even with the 5 or less hours of sleep a day. Not only that, but whenever I do get some spare time (with a 16 month old) I don't spend it doing laundry/cleaning.. I take a nap (if the kiddo takes one with me). So by the time my weekend rolls around I have a mountain of laundry, the bathrooms are filthy, vacuuming needs done... and the list goes on. Not only that, but I'm responsible for taking care of all the Christmas shopping, because hubby is totally clueless. I don't nag anymore, because I really am happy with my husband, he's amazing. It's just sometimes I want to scream!! He has NO IDEA what I do for him and our son. It feels good doing it, but sometimes I just want a break to do something I wanna do, and I don't even have hobbies anymore because I don't have time. Just needed to vent..

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Know what you mean. Usually when I go grocery shopping (go by myself) I take time and grab me something to eat and sit a the park for a least thirty minutes. I feel a little bit better after that.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 12:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It does not cost that much to get help, once a week. Do IT! Look in the penny saver or a teen neighbor who needs to make money.

You need to spend time with the family or before you know it they will be getting married.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I hear you!! I was feeling that way last night. When I get one thing done it just means I am behind in another area!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I guess I'm not alone on this. I feel the same way. We have to find some time for ourselves.hugs

bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I know what you are saying, I did that for a long time and now I am finally saying it is time for me! If you can make that time for yourself every once in a while do it so you don't resent not doing it later. I wish I had often times I blame my husband for not realizing I needed that time, but I allowed it so I am just as culpable.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 3:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• All moms with young kids need a break for sanity's sake...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 6:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Bumped ya
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Awwwww.... I know what you mean! Hubby's worked load has been horrible and after I work my 8 hours a day, I have to go home, do homework with the oldest, take care of the youngest, cook, clean up dinner, give baths...THEN hubby comes home to tuck them in, Then i have to work on lesson plans, grade papers and write IEPs. On weekends there is the cleaning and laundry. And he thinks he's stressed!!
    Hang in there, I'm sure better days are ahead!! ,
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'm with you! I work so hard at work and then come home and take car of the hubs, our daughter, the house, the animals and my Mom recently moved in with us! The only time I get to myself is if I jog, it seems to be the one thing that is keeping me sane I think. Good luck Momma, you can always PM me if you feel like you are going to scream, I am right there with you!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010