Who is a nurse or in school to be a nurse?

Im going to school to be an LPN after my husband is done with fireschool

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 12:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• I was in my Junior year of my BS in nursing and then I realized that I hate people. I transfered into a different program. I am now a Senior.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• hahahaha nice
    TiffanieAnn

Comment by TiffanieAnn (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I just took and passed the final boards, and I am officially an LPN. I don't know what kind of program you're applying to, but if your program is anything like mine, you'll be in school from 9-12 hours a day, five days a week, and have a lot of homework and studying every single day. We had anything from two to four exams a week, which at times would cover several hundred pages of material. Then there are clinical rotations, which means actually working in various medical settings from nursing homes to attending surgeries and everything in between. You will need a lot of support in terms of help around the house, because you will not have time or energy to do those things, trust me. If you would like to know anything, please don't hesitate to PM me. The world needs good nurses, I want to see you succeed with your dream.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Thank you so much...im applying for the LPN program at Manatee Technical Institute...they have a part time program which i will do bc i have 2 young kids and its will take 25 months to complete
    TiffanieAnn

Comment by TiffanieAnn (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• I'm a nurse---you're never jobless unless you're choosy.
    Even when jobs in your area aren't so hot, you can drive into a bordering county to work. I have--1.5 hours away to make 2 bucks more an hour. My car is gas conserving, so no biggie.
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 2:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2010