How do you make pumkin bread taste like pumkin bread istead of spice bread

I want to try out this new recipe for pumpkin bread but a reviewer said it tasted more like spice bread instead of pumpkin and I want a pumpkin-y tasting bread not spice.Yes,I know I could use a different recipe but this one was the highest rated one from the site.:)

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 12:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Cut down on the amount of spice. You can even cut out all the spice, but I think it's better with a little. What spices are in it? Having just a little cinnamon is good. If it calls for cloves leave that out. Also, it you're using pumpkin pie spice, be aware that different brand have different combinations of spices usually cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and cloves. Just make sure you have vanilla in there, it will enhance flavors.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Yeah I know what you are saying,I did make them and I did have to agree they did have more of a spice then pumpkin taste but they are still SO GOOD!!! I will be making them again,forget the having to taste really pumpkin-y. : )
    Ananomys

Comment by Ananomys (original poster) at 2:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• just use less spices
    solomom1234

Answer by solomom1234 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• It's the allspice. I eliminate using allspice in my pumpkin pies because I don't like the taste of it. Everyone loves my pumpkin pies. Try emimiating the allspice and use just cinnamon instead.
    Hartbrayka

Answer by Hartbrayka at 6:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• My MIL said to just use cinnamon.
    TexasWife

Answer by TexasWife at 9:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• cur down on the allspice.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 11:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

• Thanks all of you for your input.The recipe I used called for a lot of spices;ginger,ground cloves,nutmeg,cinnamon,pumpkin spice.I think that is what all I put in and a little bit of vanilla to.Anyhew,thanks for your help and I will try as you all suggested next time.
    Ananomys

Comment by Ananomys (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2010